Monday, August 07, 2006

How I met J, Our Love Story




I was just starting a new job and J had just left where I was working and moved 220 miles away. All the single girls where I worked where scouting out the place for cute guys. One day we were all talking and this woman jokingly said "there's no one here for you L, I know, I looked". I knew she was joking but something about it really hurt me. I was ready to meet someone and there was no one I really would consider dating. I can't date the average man he has to be something special, different, unique. He has to have views and ideals that fit with my own. Well my job trainer said "you want me to fix you up"?...and I said okay...and she said "what kind of guy are you looking for"? ...and I thought for a moment and said a "smart guy".....then she got to thinking and said "my friend J!" ..."he lives in Aztlantis which isn't so far away"....I had never been fixed up with anyone like this, I was reluctant, but she really thought we'd get along....so I shyly emailed him and then he emailed me back and then we were emailing each other all day everyday. Turns out we had been living down the street from each other for about 2 years! yet we never met. We both had jobs that allowed us to email each other constantly.....everyday when I got to work I'd have a new email waiting for me..."Good Morning Beautiful" he would write... he was always so sweet and romantic calling me sweet little pet names and sending song lyrics and cool links... it was wonderful...I remember actually feeling in love with him before we ever met. Finally we decided to talk on the phone, we were both so nervous but, we talked for hours and hours....and then continued to email each other all day and then talked for hours every night... we talked about everything under the sun. I asked him soo many questions....it got to be where we were both soo tired but couldn't stop talking to each other... I felt high .....it felt like we were in each others heads....I had never felt so connected to someone...one day at work I was walking and suddenly felt like I knew he was going to be in my life for a while, I just knew.....We would dream about each other all the time.... it was crazy...I was almost glad when the initial rush of new love was subsiding because I was soo exhausted. We decided to meet after a month....I was sooo nervous....I was already in love with him as a person before I ever saw his face.....love songs all pertained to us....I felt so great just waking up in the morning because of him.....I'll never forget when we first saw each other face to face....He is very big and I am very small... He was such a gentleman, he brought me a present which was one of his favorite books...we had coffee at a cute little European coffeeshop and then went and walked around downtown...he took me to my favorite chocolate shop and we took the chocolates and went and had a glass of red wine.... I remember he gently touched my hair ...and later reached out and held my hand across the table.....the following weekend he visited again and we continued to email constantly writing each other erotic stories and silly skits and being as creative as possible via the internet....he drove 440 miles every other weekend for an entire year seeing me from Fri til Sunday. He would do all these wonderful things that I had always wished for. He is the smartest guy I know and so much more ... He finally moved here a few months ago....I've been a challenge to say the least but he has always been there for me even when I have pushed him away from fear. He is the strongest man I have ever met, more than physically, he is the most gentle man too. He has taught more than he knows....I respect him more than any other man ever...I feel like I've never been my true self in a relationship except with him...He seems to have awakened some things in me I thought were gone forever....He is my favorite man.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And I hope you let him read your post!!! A friend of mine told me not too long ago that she believes most people put the horse before the cart when they start a new relationship. They get caught up in the sex and forget they should be friends too. She's ever so right. You and J were friends first, that's what makes a relationship special, friendship and communication.

Wow, I'm so glad you wrote this! Thank you!

***Big Hugs***

 
GoStats hit counter
GoStats hit counter